Carpets feature beautiful floors that can change the overall look of your home or workplace. However, if you don’t take care of them, then they will certainly lose their attractiveness and therefore affect the interior of your office or home.
The stains, spots, and discolorations on carpets and most other textile products have been with us as long as the product itself. For this reason, we have decided to give you some effective DIY tips on how to fix discolored carpet.
The Basic DIY On How To Fix Discolored Carpet
- Vacuum the area thoroughly. While vacuuming often doesn’t solve the problem, it picks up loose dust particles, preventing them from sticking to the carpet and deteriorating discoloration.
- Rent carpet shampoo if you don’t have one. Buy an enzyme-based cleanser. Shampoo and wash the colored part with an enzyme-based cleaner. Let the carpet dry.
- Check the carpet after drying. If discoloration is still present, but to a lesser extent, rinse the area a second time.
Spot Removal Treatment
- Vacuum the carpet several times to make sure nothing is left behind.
- Combine ¼ cup of salt, white vinegar and borax in a bowl to make a paste. The paste should have a consistency of moderately thick oatmeal.
- Spread the mixture over any discoloration. Use a spoon or butter knife to spread it.
- Let the mixture sit for 2 to 3 hours. This ensures that the chemicals have time to crack the stain. Allow the mixture to dry naturally.
- Remove the mixture with a cloth and warm water. Use a gentle scrubbing motion in all directions until you have removed the mixture completely.
- Now, let it dry, which can generally take 5 to 24 hours.
What To Do If These DIY Can’t Color Correct Your Carpet?
What to do with this permanent discoloration or stains? We at Xtra Touch Carpet Care can color correct your carpet with proven cleaning and dyeing techniques. Call us at (360) 521-5900 to book your appointment today to restore your carpet color and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook for the latest update.