As you know, oriental and specialty rugs are known in the market for their intricate and colorful designs. These rugs showcase the art and workmanship of the rug artist. But like any rugs, they too get dirty and stained over time.
Because of the delicacy and value, it is better to hire a professional oriental rug cleaning near you. However, if you want to attempt cleaning them on your own, then follow the below steps to oriental rug cleaning.
Steps For Oriental Rug Cleaning At Home:
Some oriental and specialty rugs are handwoven and made of a natural material like wool. So before you start the cleaning process, learn everything about your rug.
After you have sufficient knowledge, you can begin the oriental rug cleaning process by following the below steps:
- Start by vacuuming the rug.
- After that, use a safe shampooing product and work it gently inside the rug with the help of room-temperature water.
- Use a long-haired brush to scrub the surface of the rug. Clean the tassels of the rugs by hand.
- Rinse and squeeze out the soap completely from the rug with the help of water.
- Keep it on a clean and undisturbed surface for air drying.
Important Tips To Remember For Oriental and Specialty Rugs
- Try to avoid getting the oriental and specialty rugs dirty. Keep them away from pets and kids.
- Don’t walk on them while wearing shoes. Go bare-footed or wear socks at places where these rugs are present.
- Don’t drink and eat on these delicate rugs. Food and wine spill damage the fibers of the rugs.
- Clean these rugs using the right cleaning method and product to ensure that they don’t fade, tear, or get spots on them.
Contact Oriental and Specialty Rug Cleaning Service!
Is your oriental or specialty rug looking dirty and smelling bad? If yes, then contact Xtra Touch Carpet Care Vancouver for a comprehensive oriental and specialty rug cleaning service. We are popularly known for our cleaning methods, which protect the delicate texture of the oriental and specialty rugs. So, feel free to call us now and book your appointment with us!