It feels irritating when the pee stains on your mattress dry up and leave a yellow spot on it. Also, the pee smell makes it tough for you to sleep on that mattress again.
Instead of trying different market cleaners for removing pee stains, you can use hydrogen peroxide or go for a professional approach. So, learn below the five easy steps to remove old pee stains from mattress permanently.
Five Simple Steps To Remove Old Pee Stains From Mattress
♦ Things Required:
- Baking soda
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Liquid dishwashing detergent
- Spray bottle
- Vacuum cleaner
1) First, sprinkle the baking soda on the old pee stain of the mattress. Take a toothbrush and rub the stain gently. Allow the baking soda to absorb the fibers of the carpet.
2) Once the stain gets darkened due to baking soda absorption, then vacuum the affected area to dry.
3) Now, take a bowl, and mix ounces of hydrogen peroxide, 3 tablespoons baking soda, and drops of dishwashing liquid in it. Pour this solution into the spray bottle and then shake it well.
4) Cover the urine stain evenly with the liquid mixture. But, make sure you don’t soak the stain into the liquid else it may form discoloration of your mattress. Allow the liquid to dry properly. Speed on the fan for the drying process.
5) Again use the vacuum cleaner on the stain to get rid of the remaining residue after the pee stain dries. This way you can clean the pee stains from the mattress.
How Long Does Urine Smell Last?
It depends on the urine type because if it is pet urine, then it lasts for a long time. You need to clean the stain properly to eradicate the pet urine smell from the house. As you may have learned from this blog, the combination of baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, and dishwashing liquid is always the most effective cleaning mixture to remove stains. However, for stubborn stains, you will need to seek professional assistance.
Xtra Touch Carpet Care provides top-notch pet odor and stain removal services in the Vancouver location. Our professionals are best at removing pee stains from mattresses using the latest tools and methods.