Research says that dirty mattresses are one of the reasons to spread allergies, illnesses, and different diseases in the house. This happens because the sheets and mattress pads are not airtight and so sweats, spills, or stains can easily be formed on them.
However, other causes of dirty mattresses are attracting bacteria, skin cells, pet dander, fungus, dust mites, etc. Then, how do you get deep stains out of a mattress? To know the answer, learn here the easy process to deep clean a mattress at home.
Step-By-Step Process To Deep Clean Mattress At Home
- Vacuum cleaner having an upholstery attachment
- Baking soda
- Dishwashing liquid or soap
- Cloth or sponge
- Lukewarm or cold water
- First properly read the manufacturer instructions on your mattress. Because different types of mattresses need different cleaning methods. So, after reading you can get the idea of the dos and don’ts of your mattress cleaning.
- Then, remove the bedding, mattress pad, and protectors for cleaning. Vacuum the top and sides of your mattress with the help of an upholstery vacuum attachment.
- Do rotate the vacuum cleaner in small circles on the mattress to pick up as much dirt as possible.
- Sprinkle baking soda on the top of the mattress and allow it to sit for a few hours. Allow sunlight to fall on the mattress and leave baking soda for 24 hours if possible.
- Once the baking soda deodorizes the moisture and breaks dirt or grime from it, vacuum the mattress again to clean it.
- Open the windows and switch on the fans in the room to remove the moist smell and thoroughly dry the mattress.
- Wipe down all the metal frames of the bed and vacuum the fabric of your headboards. Then, place clean bedding on the mattress back.
How Do You Clean A Really Dirty Mattress?
To wash a dirty mattress, you can use white vinegar and water in half proportions each. Then, mix both the fluids in a spray bottle, and spray it on the dirty stains of the mattress. Wipe them with a clean cloth after some time. Now, you can add baking soda and follow the same steps shown above.
But, if you wish to retain the original look and feel in your mattress, then call the amazing professionals of Xtra Touch Carpet Care. Our experts use the latest cleaning methods and tools to clean all the hard stains and remove the sweat smell from your mattress.